Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Egads, Samhain already?!

I can scarcely believe that it is the time of Samhain again, so soon. 'Tis no small wonder I never feel like I accomplish anything if time itself can just slide by un-noticed. Yesterday I was contemplating faire and all that that entails and suddenly 'tis summer's end. What happened to everything after March I wonder?

Our more or less official celebrations shall be approved by the Church of the Seven Day Recreationalist in full measure. There will be lamb and other tasty morsels as well as some wonderful seasonal ale. TLL has something up her sleeve I can tell but she has spilled no info as of this date.

This year's Samhain celebration will have a theme, that being "Enough already!" No better way to ruin a wonderous end of summer than with politics, and dates being what they are Samhain falls just days before the U.S. Presidential elections. Well I have decided that NO politics shall interfere with our merry making and so our theme will help us to ignore the brow beating that will be going on on every television and radio channel in the known universe. It's movies and racing for the CSDR!

After all, what would I rather see? An old fart and an egomaniac slinging insults, or the final Formula One race of 2008? Hmmm, let me think about that a minute...

Of course Samhain is not the ONLY holiday the last weekend of this month is it? No indeed.

So here we are approaching All Hallows Eve also totally unprepared, no fog machine, no scary monsters, and only 15 days to ready our selves. I hate to admit it but last year we had a grand total of one Trick or Treater. That's all, one. TLL had carved lovely Frank-o-lanterns for the wall, we had dry ice for the candy bowl, spooky purple lights for the porch, and I of course had my monster head on. (No comments from the peanut gallery please.) And we got one.

Oh well, the kid had a cool costume and he got a LOT of candy... =o)

We almost bought costumes for the cats just to break up the bordom that is sure to be in store for us... But only Almost! Can you just imagine???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home